Thursday, February 24, 2011

Happy Birthday To ME!

Yesterday was a big birthday for me! I am now a quarter of a century old! That's right, 25 years ago my mom gave birth to the cutest baby! And I got to CeLeBrAtE yesterday.

I am going to give you a run down of my day, so you will know how much fun I had! I woke up early so that I could do my hair all cute. Now, just so you know, I have massive amounts of hair! LOL I got my dad's hair, so it is super thick, and coarse. I love having it long because then I can style it many many different ways. Well, I hardly ever wear it all the way down because it is just too thick. But I wore it down yesterday, and got soo many compliments on it.

I went to work/school and took donuts to share with the kids. As soon as I walked into the classroom, they all shouted "Happy Birthday." One of the students is in charge of recognizing people on their birthdays, so she came over and put some plastic lei's around my neck, and the class broke out in song! They also signed a HUGE piece of butcher paper for me as well. The head teacher I work with got me a bunch of cute socks! One of the students in our classroom is an SBO, so she was in charge of announcements for they day. She announced to everyone that it was my birthday and that they needed to wish me well. So many kids came up to me throughout the day and wished me Happy Birthday.

After school, I came home, grabbed a bunch of stuff, and headed over to the DMV. I now have a Utah Driver's License. The picture doesn't look as cute as my TN one, but all well. When I get my actual license, I will post both of them, and you can compare. The lady that I talked to at the DMV knew where I worked and we talked about how important it is to be a compassionate teacher in schools today, and how it is OK to cater to some children's needs. We talked about how amazing Charter Schools are and how we would never go back to public school systems.

I came home after that and met Trio #1! She had some birthday presents for me! I actually got to open up one present before school, so that I could wear them to school. Here is what I got:




*Tom's Shoes, in Red Stone-washed! I LOVE THEM! They are so comfortable, it is like being barefoot, but not! I now know why my sister-in-law owns sooo many pairs. My mom ordered them, and sent them to me in the mail.



*A new Fossil purse! i love fossil! It is a cross body bag, and sorta matches Trio #1 and Trio #3.
Trio #2's purse



Trio #1's purse
Trio #3's purse




*New cricut cartridges! I love my cricut that I got for Christmas, and Michael's and JoAnn's Fabric stores have been having some awesome deals on cartridges lately, so I have scored big time. Trio #1 got me two new ones.

*Whatever Trio #3 is getting me. I talked to her this morning, and she said that my present is coming, but that it has a little bit of a delay on it. That is all the clues she would give me.....

One of the girls that lives upstairs decorated the stairwell. When Trio #1 left to go to work, she showed me how darling it was. I was soo surprised and happy that she would do something for me.

Last night, Trio #1 had another surprise/present for me. We got to go see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZn70TNz08Y
It was hilarious! Like totally laugh out loud, guffaw, snort, giggle, rolling on floor, funny! During one of the intermissions, they recognized people who were celebrating their birthdays, so of course I got to stand up and tell everyone how old I am. They also recognize people who are celebrating their anniversary's, as well as those who are on a first date. For those couples, we all sing "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" and at the end of the song, they are all supposed to kiss! One of the first date couples totally kissed, and the other two kissed on the cheek! LOL The anniversary couple kissed good.

After the show, we came back to the apartment and ate my favorite Ice Cream Cake. It was delicious! We invited down the girl who decorated the stairwell, and we talked and laughed with her until midnight.

That was about it for yesterday, but the celebrations are NOT over! Tonight I am going down to Orem/Provo to celebrate some down there, and tomorrow I am going out for my 20th annual Birthday Ice Cream with my aunt and uncle. Sunday I am also having dinner and cake with my dad's baby sister, her family, cousins and friends.

I just love my birthday. I am so grateful that my parents wanted to keep me and wanted me part of thier family for eternity. I love everyone who wished me happiness on my special day. It was fun receiving over 120 notifications on Facebook from many, many friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment