Monday, February 14, 2011

seriously?!?!

Common Sense....does it really exist?! Are there some people who posses it and some who don't? Is it a learned trait, or something that is inherently in us from birth?

I know that most of what I learned is from a question that my mother always posed (usually after something stupid happened). It went something like this: "Are you serious?" or "Did you even think about that before you did it?" or even "Wow! And you thought that was a good idea?"

Learning from my own mistakes is what has strengthened my common sense today! Just 1 hour ago, Trio #1 and I were discussing how we are grateful for common sense.

Now to get on to what really set me off....and it set me off pretty bad!

There is a new person that moved into the apartment upstairs. Just moved out of Mommy and Daddy's place, first time on her own, ridiculously shy, and more of an introvert than anything else. I have met her, maybe, once or twice. There are some more background things you need to know before I can get on with tonight's catastrophe.

Since there are FIVE cars parked out our residence, two belong in the carport, two on half of the driveway, and one on the street. Since Trio #1 and I live downstairs, we have two assigned parking spots to ourselves; and it was decided long ago that we don't switch spots. The other 3 girls upstairs rotate spots daily! In the driveway, I park at the top, and another person parks RIGHT BEHIND me. Not too complicated (or so I thought.....)

The very first day that the person to whom set me off tonight lived in the house, she parked in MY spot. Not all the way, just half in my spot, and the other half in hers. This is not cool, because then I can't park where I am supposed to, and then it just sucks. So I asked her as kindly as I could in my frustrated state to move her car back a little. I also informed her that when she parks in the driveway, she needs to park close to the grass, or someone in the carport, while reversing, may run into her.

She did NOT take my suggestion well, and just parked illegally on the street for the night. I rolled my eyes, and walked inside.

Now on to this evening.........I walk out to my car, and almost had a cow seeing her car parked the way it was. I was the first one home, so parking behind me is NO big deal. I am in the right spot, so you pull up behind me and voila you are now parked correctly. Everyone who has lived here the past 18 months has known how to do this. COMMON SENSE lets us know how to do this. My grandmother could figure out how to do this. Especially if she had lived in the house for at least two weeks, and saw every other person do it. Well, the person whom I shall not name, "kindly" left 10 feet between our cars. Now you must be thinking to yourself....."How can she leave 10 feet between your cars and still fit on the driveway?" That is a great, inquisitive question. SHE CANNOT! The back end of her car was lined up with the asphalt road. SHE WAS PARKED ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE SIDEWALK! Where was common sense when she pulled up, stopped, and put her car into park, stepped out, and walked into the house? Who in the H$%& thinks that is OK!?! I really hope that she gets a ticket for it. Maybe that will help the common sense wake up in her brain and think harder next time before she does something sooooo stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment