Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Giggles

You know when you start to laugh, and then someone tells you to stop, you can't help but laugh harder?

It used to happen to us all the time when we were younger. We would be kneeling down for family prayer at night, and Dad was tired and ready to go to bed, and then something super funny would happen, or be said! Then the whole thing would turn into a giggle session! We would all get a huge laugh, and then we would try to stop, only to start back up again 2 seconds later, or even worse! Then we would all try to be serious, and then someone would snort-laugh and the whole thing started again. Sometimes Dad would just start the prayer hoping that it would calm us down, and most of the time we laughed silently through the whole prayer.

Today, I had another giggle session. I got to hang out with the cool kids in class today, and one funny thing said led to another funny thing, which led to a funny action, which led to tears in my eyes from laughing soo hard. I was asked to be the adult and keep the kids under control, but I had it worse then them. Then when the teacher tried to gain control of the class, we snort-laughed and it started all over again! I totally felt like a teenager again!

It was the best feeling just letting it all go, and connect with the kids, and get all those giggles out of my system. Someone just knew that I needed a good laughing break!

No comments:

Post a Comment